The game of blackjack is straightforward, how confident are you that you can beat the dealer to 21? It’s everything else that either hurts or helps your odds of winning that sizable pot. Which game of blackjack has the best odds to up your chances of winning? Learn what strategies to use if you’d like to maximize your payout when playing online blackjack.
Play to Your Advantage
There are a few different types of blackjack to be played online, each offering a different house edge. The average house advantage sits at 0.5%. Obviously, it goes without saying that the game with the lowest house edge is your best bet. Blackjack already has a low house edge compared to other casino games, but with so much choice available at your fingertips and rookies taking to virtual casinos, it makes sense that some variants of the game of 21 have an impossibly high edge of 1% – 2%. You’ll want to avoid these games at all cost.
Here are a few variants of blackjack with a lower than average house edge:
- Blackjack Switch (0.17%)
- Blackjack Surrender (0.38%)
- Perfect Blackjack (0.42%)
- Blackjack Pro (0.47%)
- Double Attack Blackjack (0.47%)
- Progressive Blackjack (0.47%)
Capitalize on Bonuses
There are so many online casinos, like 138.com, that with such fierce competition, comes better player perks, like bonuses. Casinos use bonuses to attract new players, but be wary, once again there are some catches to ‘free money.’ First and foremost you want to research the casino itself, is it reputable, regulated, licensed and pays out fairly – like over at 138.com?
Some types of blackjack bonuses available:
- First Deposit Bonus: Or match bonus, when you create a new account and deposit your first amount, it will be matched 100% – $100 instantly turns into $200 real money. The usual limitation is that you’re required to playthrough 20 hands – on the small side – before you can withdraw your money.
- No Deposit Bonus: Register with a casino and receive money. Some limitations to expect are a withdrawal limit when pulling out your bonus amount.
- Free Money Bonus: For first time players, whatever your deposit it’s matched by a percentage. Some casinos have a 400% return; your $20 gets you $80 in return.
- Exclusive Bonus: Exclusive offers, just be sure to read the fine print.
- Loyalty Bonus: For long-term or high-roller players at a casino, you may be rewarded monetarily for your loyalty.
If your motto is you to play to win and by win, you aim to win big – high limits is your game. There are lots of different casinos like 138.com out there that offer high rollers the chance to bet large sums of money for a chance to win. Just understand that if you’re betting large amounts that you will win some, and you’ll lose some in equal proportion. So try not to bet the war chest, place your high bet but leave yourself some coin in reserve.
Increase Your Odds of Winning at Online Blackjack
Many blackjack players out there don’t just play the game because they love it, they play to win. Part of the thrill of casino games in going after that elusive big pot. Fortunately, aside from luck and skill, there are some ways you can increase your odds of winning! Or at the very least give you more of an opportunity to win, thanks to upfront bonuses. Pair more capital to playing the right variant of blackjack – lower house edge – and you’re that much closer to your next big payout.